WHY CHOOSE VFE CASTING FURNACE SERVICES
Extend the life of your casting furnace or minimise capital investment/start-up costs with our casting furnace refurbishment, upgrade and support services.
From pumping system overhauls to control system upgrades, we offer cost-effective casting furnace retrofit and upgrade solutions that optimise your vacuum precision investment casting (VPIC) operations.
Any retrofit or upgrade can be further supported by our range of services, including maintenance, servicing (see below), calibration, and expert training to help your team expand its capabilities, reduce operational risk and maximise efficiencies.Invest confidently in our casting furnace solutions, safe in the knowledge that for the supply, installation and aftercare of casting furnaces within the UK, we’re in partnership with Retech, a global leader in the supply of vacuum melting equipment.
Download Your Product Sheet
CASTING FURNACE EXPERTISE YOU CAN TRUST
VFE has been successfully providing refurbishment, upgrades, services and calibration for all well-known brands of vacuum casting systems for over 30 years, giving you the assurance that whatever the make or model of your casting furnace(s), we’ve seen it before.
Our partnership with Retech enables us to supply our customers with state-of-the-art VPIC systems designed by the world’s most fully integrated furnace manufacturer.
“VFE provides a professional, reliable, friendly and price-competitive service.” Customer, advanced manufacturing
All of this is fully supported by VFE’s own world-class customer service, so whether you have a quick technical question or a risk to production, you’re never alone.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
EQUIPMENT VFE CAN CALIBRATE:
Casting furnace upgrades
OUR CASTING FURNACE SERVICES
Our complete control system retrofits are designed around your requirements to bring your operations up to specification and help you to make large savings against cost and delivery time. All our systems run on fully supported hardware and can include our state-of-the-art furnace management and control system (FMCS).
- Gain visibility over the process through its graphical interface.
- Monitor equipment performance, from energy consumption to uptime.
- Integrate with enterprise resource planning systems for work scheduling.
- Centralise control for the entire process plant.
- Link the system to a network on standard Windows PCs and servers.
- Centrally store an unlimited amount of production cycle profiles.
- Maximise operator safety with predictive safety monitoring.
- Tack faults easily with historical alarm logging.
- Minimise service and maintenance costs using remote controls, diagnostic features and digital data acquisition.
- Reduce risk with a multi-user interface that includes restricted access.
- Improve transparency with CE, PUWER & UKCA compliance and a clear audit trail.
- Monitor key machine KPIs such as oven-to-pour time and machine uptime.
- All required technical documents are provided.
Find out more about our innovative furnace management and control solution.
We can upgrade a wide range of critical casting furnace components, including:
- melt power supply and induction coils
- the latest generation of immersion thermocouple design
- two-colour pyrometers
- furnace management and control systems
the latest Retech furnace feature
Note: VFE also supplies, upgrades and supports dewaxing autoclaves, which are an integral part of the casting plant operation.
- Safety interlocks tested
- All motor current measured and recorded
- Check and adjust water flows, temperatures, pressures and switching points
- Check for common faults and alarms
- Inspection of valve seals
- Clean water flow indicators
- Condition benchmarking
- Cleaning and inspection
- Functionality checks:
Diffusion pump service
Mechanical pump service
Induction power supply and coil service
Full service and breakdown support, available from VFE worldwide
“On behalf of my team, I wanted to express our gratitude to VFE for helping us achieve this result. It’s been heartwarming to see the amount of effort put in by VFE to get this right for us. The team was 100% responsive to all text communications. Everything was seamless and I’m glad it went well in the end.” Manufacturing services leader
- Vacuum gauge calibration
- Machine calibration
“VFE continually seeks opportunities to improve and develop our portfolio of calibrations, helping us achieve greater standards with their capabilities performed both in the lab and out on site.” Customer, advanced manufacturing
Learn more about our calibration services.
We offer a range of operator and maintenance personnel training courses specific to VPIC systems. Training will help to build your in-house capabilities, reduce operational risk and help you to get the most value back from your vacuum Casting Furnace equipment.
Find out more about our training facility, the courses we offer and how your team will benefit.